XP Pro Start Up

will 14:54 29 Jan 04

My Dell Lap Top will not boot up. The last time it was started, the start up was interrupted. Now part way through the start up sequence a blue screen flashes up and the sequence starts again with a message screen apologising for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully etc etc and it gives the option of starting normally, in safe mode or last known good configuration. No matter which option is chosen, the sequence goes as far as the blue screen and then it starts all over again.......

Help!!!!

spikeychris 15:04 29 Jan 04

Do you have an instalation disk? if so..

Configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM

Shove the CD in the drive and then restart

When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.

When you see the following message displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

At this point an option to press R to enter the Recovery Console is displayed. Do not select this option.

On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.

Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press the R key to repair Windows XP.

Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.

will 15:08 29 Jan 04

Thanks, I figured I would need the installtion disc, unfortunately it is at home and it will another week or so until I return there. Guess I'll have to manage without for a few days. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…