XP-Pro, small Theme glitch.

wotbus@ 09:55 20 Feb 09

I have inserted one of my own pictures in the Wallpaper cashe, selected and applied it in the Desktop Properties setup.
The picture shows briefly during bootup and that's the last I see of it. The desktop defaults to it's default colour. I have obviously missed something?
Anyone please, thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 10:39 20 Feb 09

As a workaround, you can open the image in Irfanview and from the options menu set it as a wallpaper image.

The other way I do it is to right click the desktop, choose properties, then desktop tab and then browse to the image I want.

wotbus@ 10:48 20 Feb 09

I have tried the both options and it works only until reboot. I then went the distance and inserted the picture in the wallpaper cashe and tried it from there, but with the same results - just flashes momentarily during bootup and has to be re-set again :-(

Diodorus Siculus 11:00 20 Feb 09

There seems to be a suggestion at click here that having active desktop active on the machine can cause a problem.

wotbus@ 13:20 20 Feb 09

Thanks. I am checking the possibilities now and will post results.

wotbus@ 13:48 20 Feb 09

OK, I found all I wanted in the link Diodorus Siculus so thanks for that.
"To resolve this behavior, in Group Policy, enable the Enable Active Desktop setting in the User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Active Desktop folder. To enable this setting:
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open: box, type: gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
Locate the policy settings in the User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Active Desktop folder.
Right-click Enable Active Desktop, and then click Properties.
Click Enabled, and then click OK.
NOTE: To force this policy to take effect immediately on domain members, you can use the gpupdate command.
I found that all the possibilities has been set to "Not configured" so it was just a question or sorting what I wanted.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…