XP Pro Shut down problem :o(

Cloggsy 10:09 02 Apr 04

Whenever I go to Shut down windows I get a messsage saying another user is logged on & they may loose data if I shut down...

My machine is stand alone & not on a network - does this mean I'm being hacked? I use Nortons AV 2003 & Zone Alarm Pro V 4.0.123.012 - Also regularly check my system with Spyware Nuker!

Nothing is picked up by ZA or Spyware Nuker etc

Is there anything out there which can scan my system to see if I have a problem?

Help, as I'm more than a little worried!

Sethhaniel 10:17 02 Apr 04

or click your Administer button to proceed or does XP boot straight to the desktop -
Do you have the computer set up for other users (son/daughter) so they can log onto their own area

If you switch user by logging off -
then go to Switch off the machine later the warning comes - more as a reminder that some work may be unfinished -

anon1 10:18 02 Apr 04

disable fast user switching, To disable Fast User Switching, you must have administrator access to the computer. It can be turned off by going to Control Panel, and opening the User Account applet. Then click "Change the way users log on or off" and uncheck (click) next to "Use Fast User Switching."

Cloggsy 10:38 02 Apr 04

Got ya!

I've switched off 'Fast user switching' - I'll see what happens ;o)

Thanks for the quick replies!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…