xp pro service pack 1 need to save to cd how?

dazzling (work) 08:39 13 Nov 03

ive checked the old threads and the links dont work.do i need the network download? im on win me at moment so exspress download wont work.any ideas guys.darren

Jester2K II 08:43 13 Nov 03

Download from click here

Jester2K II 08:43 13 Nov 03
  Lozzy 08:44 13 Nov 03

Please expand a tad more on what your actually wanting to do. If you download XP SP1 it auto loads on your PC there is no way I am aware of of saving XP Pro SP1 to HDD then burn onto CD.

Lozzy 08:45 13 Nov 03

Well they always say you never stop learning. I have learnt something new today. Thanks Jester..

Jester2K II 08:48 13 Nov 03

Thats OK. I was looking for the link to order it free from CD from MS but can't find it...

dazzling (work) 08:52 13 Nov 03

jester got that one problem is ive built a pc on an abit kd7a motherboard and cant load the usb 2 drivers without service pack 1 installed and dont have internet access where it is.so i think its the full one i need as opposed to sp1a.ill try and download the one for administrators.

Jester2K II 08:56 13 Nov 03

Don't understand the problem. The normal installer installs to the PC you are downloading it on. The network install that i gave you in the link is the entire package in a bundle. You download it, store it on a server or burn to CD and can then install to loads of PCs instead of downloading to each one.

SP-1a IS the full one. Whats the "one for administrators"??? If you you mean network install then thats what i gave you. If you want SP-1a on an XP PC, download and burn the above file to a CD and then run the program on the PC you want it on.

dazzling (work) 09:03 13 Nov 03

sorry jester misread file size.ive downloaded think its sp1a exspress this morning only small getting myself confused cheers mate.here we go 133mb on 56k how many hours?darren

Jester2K II 09:05 13 Nov 03

Loads!! Get yourself FreshDownload click here and download it bit by bit, or go to a web cafe!

There was a page where MS would send it to you on CD for free but can't find it now...

Jester2K II 09:09 13 Nov 03

From click here;en-gb;winxpfaq&product=winxp

Okay, can I get XPSP1 some other way?

It is possible to order the Service Pack from Microsoft from the following address:

click here (web page nolonger avalible)

There will be no charge for this order. Alternatively I would recommend that you contact our Direct Services department by calling 0870 6010100 for full details and to place an order.

Microsoft will also be making SP1 available for inclusion on magazines cover disks in the near future. The UK Official Windows XP magazine will also include this on the cover CD for the December issue, which will be on sale as from 4th October.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…