XP Pro Search results incorrect

Tj_El 19:36 13 Jun 05

Hope someone can help me here. Got a new laptop with XP Pro installed (SP2). Previous laptop run Win2K Pro.

My problem is that previously I was able to search for files that contained a string of characters in Win2K. The files were sourced from another system and were named in the format "name.txt.sequence number". Win2K had no problem searching and yielding a correct result, XP however does not or cannot find the files.

If I do a search looking for the filenames it gives a result but not when I do a search on both the filename and "word or phrase in the file:" nor on just the "word or phrase in the file:". Frustrating because I use this function very often to find information.

Does anyone know how I can go about resolving this? I looked at a site click here but the changes i applied involving enabling Indexing Service hasn't resolved this.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks.

Tj_El 19:22 15 Jun 05

^ bump ^

spikeychris 19:31 15 Jun 05
  Tj_El 10:48 14 Jul 05

Thanks spikeychris!

Worked a charm, 309173 did. :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…