xp pro and screensavers

johnnyrocker 23:39 18 Sep 07

i have had some probs with current screensaver stopping randomly (my pictures) i want to change it for a time to another pic prog on my pc (olympus) but it does not appear in the drop down list of options and i do not get a browse option, anyone got any ideas how i can change this to my preferences please?

johnny.

exodus 00:06 19 Sep 07

Hi, all images stored in My Documents/My Pictures will become available as a slideshow screensaver. If you only keep one image in My Pictures, then the slideshow will just use that image.

Alternatively, use a free program such as Irfanview. This will allow you to save an image as a screensaver. If you then place the image at C/Windows/system32, it will appear in the Screensaver drop down list.

exo

johnnyrocker 09:15 19 Sep 07

maybe slight mis understanding but my thanks for your suggestion, as my pics is in the drop down list among others it is that i use, i now wish to use all the pics from my olympus cam program but am not able to select it, and it is that which i wish to do?

johnny.

norman47 10:18 19 Sep 07

Are the pictures in suitable format to be used as background screensavers? just a guess.

Are you using the my pictures slideshow, at present? Can you not import the selected items to that folder or do you just want to associate the olympus cam prog to the screensaver dropdown box, I don't know.

I use picasa2. It has a function under create to make a screensaver of selected items. Don't know if that helps?

johnnyrocker 10:25 19 Sep 07

do you just want to associate the olympus cam prog to the screensaver dropdown box,

that is exactly what i wish to do, i seem to recall with older systems on had a browse facility to do this which is not present in xp pro.

i have picasa on board and will investigate your suggestion when i come home this evening
many thanks.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac