xp pro. running av, ad-aware, etc

ahales42 23:51 18 Dec 03

as admin, if i run av, ad-aware,etc. Does this just do my account or does it do every user?

Djohn 00:08 19 Dec 03

Good question ahales42. I've just run it to check as I wasn't sure and even though I have my system set as one user [Myself] it does say "All accounts" as the text runs across the bottom of the window.

ahales42 00:11 19 Dec 03

took the time to do some checks myself. spybot has to be run on each account. wonder what other progs have to also.

Djohn 00:17 19 Dec 03

Not sure on this ahales42. I only have the one account so never given it a thought before, just assumed they all did the same. IE: checked all accounts. :o(

ahales42 00:23 19 Dec 03

the reason i ask is that the comp is really acting up. can`t put my finger on the reason. checked with av, ad-aware etc, but found nothing. just wondering if there is a bad prog on another account would it affect mine?

ahales42 00:26 19 Dec 03

just noticed that i have to log on to each account to delete ie temp files. there must be an easier way.

Jester2K II 07:41 19 Dec 03

When you load Anti Virus any Resident Shield (background monitor) usually covers all accounts.

When you scan with AV it covers all accounts.

When you load Adaware and scan it covers all accounts. Adaware picks up cookies in other user accounts when i run it.

If you have scanned with AV and Adaware you will have scanned all files on the disk regardless of account name, account type and password.

However in order to do so you might have to be in an Administrator account.

Clearing temp files etc is account specific. Tools like Supercleaner click here can be used to make it simpler.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…