XP Pro RETAIL - COA sticker/Product key

GaT7 23:35 11 Mar 08

What does one look like please? Can someone, who owns this, be kind enough to take a pic, host it & post the link? Please ensure to blankout the product key.

Does the COA sticker or Product key on the RETAIL software look anything like this click here? Thanks, G

P.S. I posted a related question last week, but was answered by members who did not actually own the retail software.

DieSse 23:46 11 Mar 08

Yup - I have XP Pro retail and it looks exactly like your image.

birdface 08:54 12 Mar 08

I only have a COA sticker on the side of my computer with the Keycode on it.But I take it that is not what you are talking about.It does not look anything like your click here.

DieSse 09:13 12 Mar 08

buteman - that's an OEM version, not retail.

birdface 09:21 12 Mar 08

Oops .Thanks for that.

GaT7 23:55 12 Mar 08

Thanks DieSse, I hope you're right. Or, I have been duped by the person selling it to me! G

Zeppelyn 23:59 12 Mar 08

Looks exactly like mine too.

DieSse 00:30 13 Mar 08

"I hope you're right. Or, I have been duped by the person selling it to me!"

There's no doubt that I'm right - as confirmed too by Zeppelyn. There is no sticker (for the case) with a retail version, as it's meant to be possible to transfer it from one system to another.

Just to satisfy you click here

But if it's been sold on to you "second-hand" the real point at issue is that to be valid, is must not be installed on another system at the same time you install it on yours.

Second-hand (as I presume you are talking about), it is clearly more difficult for you to be certain of this than if you bought it sealed from a proper supplier.

GaT7 01:07 13 Mar 08

'But if it's been sold on to you "second-hand" the real point at issue is that to be valid, is must not be installed on another system at the same time you install it on yours.' - thanks, I realise this. The seller promises it's unused, so I'll have to take his word for it.

I don't suppose MS have a way of telling you that the software with identical product code is simultaneously being used on another system, do they? If yes, & it happens with this, I'll just have to return it for a refund. G

DieSse 01:20 13 Mar 08

"I don't suppose MS......."

Actually they can tell (as long as both systems connect to the net). But I don't believe they run a service to tell you that. The first you would know would be the system fails an authenticity check.

Yes - you just have to take the sellers word for it.

kdt 08:10 13 Mar 08

my xp pro came from MS.it has picture of key then the words in capital: PRODUCT KEY
underneath that is the KEY
underneath that is the BAR CODE
underneath that:Proof of License. See license terms.Label not to be sold seperately.
underneath that smaller barcode & some numbers.
According to MS this is the FULLY PACKAGED PRODUCT which if I can put on another pc when I scrap the old (present) pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5