xp pro restore probs/printer

johnnyrocker 10:43 15 Apr 08

i hope i have titled this enough to get some advice, all updates on pc etc, this morning i typed a letter and went to print it off and was given the message of unable to find default printer, checked all connections and rebooted still same,looked in control panel/printers and it was empty, tried system restore to 4 different dates and failed each time, did restore in safe mode and it worked, went to printers etc in control panel and i now have four!! 2 paperport and two epson with one as default and all now ok, does anyone have an idea why?

johnny

johnnyrocker 10:59 22 Apr 08

well a week on and i have the same problem solved by system restore anyone know why this happens? xp pro sp2 epson 870 printer

johnny.

johnnyrocker 14:49 22 Apr 08

update, today went out and when i returned booted pc and checke printers in control panel again none, tried restore which would not work but did in safe mode, i now have a printer again but anyone any idea what is going on?

johnny

johnnyrocker 17:41 22 Apr 08

evening shift any ideas?

johnny

johnnyrocker 17:18 23 Apr 08

after yet another restore i decided to go looking myself in the absense of forum help and started in event viewer which confuses me even more ie sytem events shows them ocurring as 2007 application errors are 2006 lates precede by several with dates in 2074 antivirus viewer is correct and up to date, there must be someone with an idea?

johnny

johnnyrocker 17:19 23 Apr 08

after yet another restore i decided to go looking myself in the absense of forum help and started in event viewer which confuses me even more ie sytem events shows them ocurring as 2007 application errors are 2006 lates precede by several with dates in 2074 antivirus viewer is correct and up to date, there must be someone with an idea?

johnny

johnnyrocker 17:21 23 Apr 08

sorry about double post i am also having explorer probs when it wants to work.

johnny

johnnyrocker 23:01 23 Apr 08

i cant beleive no one at least wants a crack at this! i shall start tomorrow with all spyware/malware sweeps

johnny

johnnyrocker 23:16 23 Apr 08

just checked control panel and printer has again disappeared without rebooting

johnny

johnnyrocker 12:41 24 Apr 08

being surprisingly unable to elicite any help i have decided to wait til i move then reinstall printer and if that dont work bin the pc and look elsewhere

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5