xp pro problems

johnnyrocker 14:40 28 Mar 15

i have some odd problems with this machine i would like some ideas about 1 when opening any program machine stalls with a not responding message and two minutes later it works ok this goes on from time to time sometimes with a message about an unresponsive script. 2 on face book i keep getting a pop up about open nvidea driver, from memory years ago windows messenger was used for this purpose, and i wondered if it was the same would appreciate ideas on this please

regards johnny

Ian in Northampton 16:18 28 Mar 15

Have you "de-crapified" it recently? Run something like CCleaner?

johnnyrocker 17:54 28 Mar 15

no but i shsll start there, thanks

johnny

bumpkin 22:01 28 Mar 15

A good clean up to start with, Malwarebytes, Superantispware, Ccleaner and ADW all free and can be found by google.

johnnyrocker 19:39 29 Mar 15

have done most of those suggested with little luck but going to try adw as last resort

thanks johnny

Ian in Northampton 08:32 30 Mar 15

As it's XP, it's showing the symptoms of an old, tired installation. Once you've tried all the other stuff that's been suggested, you may want to consider a fresh install to liven things up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…