XP Pro problems ?

bobfromburt 19:03 06 Jan 05

Hello one and all
Being new to this computer lark,can someone help me with my problem .
Windows XP is really slow at loading (over 2 1/2 mins) thats when the black screen with safe mode start / start with last known config / and 2 or3 other options does'nt show its self .Also i have AVG as my anti virus (the free one )which keeps popping with the message that it's not loaded .As i say i'm newish to this computer game so any help would be great .
All the very best to one and all for the new year
Bob Settle

mattyc_92 19:16 06 Jan 05

Try "defragmenting" your system (start->all programs->accessories->system tools->disk defragmenter) This should speed up your system!!!!

As for the AVG problem, I can't really direct you on that, cause I use Norton Anti-Virus... SOz about that!!!

bobfromburt 19:25 06 Jan 05

Hi Mattyc-92
Yup done that approx 6 times ,still no difference.
Many thanks for advise

LeadingMNMs 19:27 06 Jan 05

What specific error message do you get from AVG ? Missing files ?

bobfromburt 19:36 06 Jan 05

LeadingMNMs
It's not a actually error messages ,but a pop up from the task bar saying AVG not loaded or Email scanner not active.I must have installed and uninstalled 3 or 4 times .
Cheers
Bob

VoG II 19:47 06 Jan 05

Try an on-line virus scan click here

Try Microsoft AntiSpyware click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…