XP Pro + Printer Installations Problem [Desparate]

spuds 16:25 10 Aug 03

A couple of weeks ago, I had an Helproom enquiry under a similar title. I thought the problem had been resolved partly. Not So.I am more desparate now, for an answer.

Computer was previously working with WME,with HP590 OfficeJet and Samsung ML4500. No major problems with printing. I have now changed to XP Pro and I have now met major disasters. The Samsung was installed using the latest drivers, but I keep getting 'New Harware Found-ML4500'. The computer tells me, within the printer section,that this machine is installed and working properly. I found a supposed quick fix route via another troubleshooting method, and that was to use the a Lexmark driver. This method as not worked.Installing-Uninstalling drivers do not seem to change the situation.

Installed the HP590 using the latest HP driver download. The printer would not work, so I contacted HP Helpline. Went through a method of configurations, but still no success. Purchased the official HP driver cd, and installed that. Still non correct printing obtained, and beginning to get crash/reboot situationwith the computer.Getting fed-up with this, I have now gone to stage3.

Stage3. Been out this morning and purchased a new Lexmark X5150.Went through the procedures of instructed installation. Informed that printer is installed and working.But it is not. Tried troubleshooting methods as suggested-removal/reinstall USB and Power cables,Reboot etc, which hasn;t cured the problem. Now I seem to get a commencement of test print-out, and my system crashes, with messages as: Checking File System on C. This Type of File System is FAT32. The computer then goes into a lengthy checking sequence.Sometimes when the computer crashes and reboots, it informs of a serious error:- BCCODE:44 BCPI:81C1D728 BCP2:00000D60 BCP3:00000000 BCP4:00000000 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:0_0 Product:256_1. Futher error messages: C:\WINDOWS\MINIDUMP\MINI 081003-03.dmp and C:\DOCUME~1\USER\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WERD.TMP.DIR00\SYSTDATA.XML

What does all that mean, and how can I get on with printing, instead of crashes and error messages. Installing a new printer as not solved the problem at all, if anything matters have become more desparate.

menorcarob2 16:40 10 Aug 03

try this right click on the printer icon in printers and select properties, you may get the error message printer spooler sevice is not running, if you get this open help and put in printer spooler / search, you could also try making sure that your printer port is installed correctly try deleting it and let windows reinstall, a lot of the time you must restart after each change of your system even if you are not asked ie: remove port restart, install port restart.

spuds 00:04 11 Aug 03

Thanks for info.Checking it out.

shooter54 11:20 11 Aug 03

make sure your root usb is turned on then try to install printer and set the printer to default,remove all other printers from the printer control panel this worked for me

spuds 22:55 11 Aug 03

Tried as suggested. Problems still not resolved.

Refered Lexmark X5150 problem,to their technical help.Response expected within 48 hours.

Removed HP 590 OfficeJet from system. This just leaves Samsung ML-4500 cure remedy.

Since installing X5150, I am now having other software problems. So something as gone seriously wrong.Hope Lexmark as the solution pronto.

spuds 19:31 15 Aug 03

Problem as now been solved. Lexmark and Samsung supplied advice on checking printers for hardware and software faults. Un-installed/ re-installed both printers a couple of times, and this cleared a driver software confliction. Both machines seem to work okay now.The HP590 OfficeJet as gone into retirement, for thev time being.

spuds 12:44 16 Aug 03

Did I say the problems been solved!. Started computer today, tried a print out using the Lexmark and bang the computer went into crash mode. I thought that the problem was solved yesterday, when everything seemed stabilised.Aghh well its not. Back to the headache tablets,Mars bars and Loony Tune video's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…