XP Pro Networking Problems

Nobby^1 09:14 24 Dec 03

Hi all

I have two machines running XP Pro. I networked both of them when I first installed XP and it worked fine including ICS, that was until I installed Zone Alarm Pro. The network was fine but ICS stopped working. I tried allsorts without success so ended up removing ZA. Now i cant even get the network to work. I have tried to use the Settup Small Office/ Home Network wizard without a result and even tried to set it up manually but still cant get it to work. After the manual setup I can no longer get the Wizard to assign IP address as it keeps re-instating my manual setup.
I have removed the NIC cards rebooted then reinstalled the NIC cards and rebooted but It still keeps the manual network settings.
Hope this all makes sense, your help or suggestions appreciated

VoG II 09:18 24 Dec 03

Are you sure you've completely removed Zone Alarm click here

Rennaissance 12:02 24 Dec 03

what are you using to network your pcs? Router or crossover cable. More information would be more help.

Nobby^1 14:19 24 Dec 03

I'm using a router

Rennaissance 15:23 24 Dec 03

have you configured your router via the browser correctly? On the network cards are all options installed and enable in the network card properties. i.e. bottom right in the taskbar, there should be your lan 1network which is your network card and click on that property and you should see if client for microsoft network, file and printer sharing, Qos packet sharer and internet protocol are enabled if it has a tick in them. Also disable the windows xp built in firewall and test it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…