XP Pro network problem

talia 18:36 23 Mar 04

I am trying to connect my laptop running XP pRo to my PC also running XP pro. I am using a crossover cable and have ran 'Network Wizard' on both machines and have set up a workgroup.

Both machines show on the laptop but not on the PC and when trying to accesss the shared files and foldesr from laptop it states that I do not have permission from the PC administrator.

Firwalls have been deactivated but no Joy.

The other thing is that when setting up the PC I never get promted for the name of the laptop?

Parsley 22:01 23 Mar 04

Have you created the set up disk in the network wizard? Do so, then run it in the other computer making sure you reboot the same after running it.
When creating the disk make sure your internet connection is open and printers etc are turned on.

talia 06:46 24 Mar 04

Excuse for being stupid!

But why do I need to make a set up disc when both machines are running the same version of Windows?

recap 16:08 24 Mar 04

The usual reason for creating a network disc one one pc is to install the settings on the other, without having to do it manually.

If you do it this way you should have the network up and running within around half an hour.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…