XP Pro & Nero compatibility

lightfeet 08:01 30 Oct 04

Whenever I open Nero 6 in XP Professional the following is displayed - "Nero - Burning Rom has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is compatible with this version of Windows, contact Ahead Software."
I have emailed Nero about this but don't expect a rapid answer. Has anyone any idea what the compatibility problem is and how to correct it? Nero appears to be working OK despite this.

georgemac 08:08 30 Oct 04

Yes, you have obviously upgraded to SP2 which nero was incompatible with.

There have since been 2 free updates to nero 6 which fix this problem. You can download the updates click here do you have broadband - they are large files

john-232317 08:26 30 Oct 04

lightfeet 10:01 30 Oct 04

Thanks georgemac, will try the update from your link but will take some time as I'm on dialup! Will let you know outcome

lightfeet 23:54 31 Oct 04

Downloaded & installed Update - Package 1 which cleared the incompatibility announcement.Am now going to download the three remaining updates. Thanks so much georgemac for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…