XP pro need on line registering?

shortcircuit 22:59 05 Aug 03

A friend of mine said that XP pro does not need online registering and can be put on any amount of pc's like 9x versions. Is that true?

User-312386 23:03 05 Aug 03

it is

However, to do so is ILLEGAL

But we will not condone ot tell you how it is done.

User-312386 23:04 05 Aug 03

ot=or

typo

shortcircuit 23:15 05 Aug 03

Who's we? You work for MS? I only asking a question. I know the legal side of copyright and don't need the Good boy talk! Only wanted to know if it was possible. If I decide to stick my purchase on TWO of my PCs at home...well thats up to me.Lets not 'talk down' to each other and treat us all as criminals just because we ask for some politically incorrect information!

User-312386 23:20 05 Aug 03

i was not "talking down to you"

all i was saying is that it is illegal to do so

p.s you will only have 30 days, on one of the machines, if you "decide to stick my purchase on TWO of my PCs at home"

Jester2K II 23:21 05 Aug 03

Read the terms and conditions of this website before you ask certian questions.

"'Cracks' or copyright infringement - we do not permit the posting of information that will enable other people to use pirated software or to evade the copyright laws. Please do not post serial numbers or CD keys, or links to sites that contain file-sharing software or such information. "

Some versions of Windows XP pro do not need activation. Some do.

Djohn 23:22 05 Aug 03

You don't need to register your copy of XP, but you do need to "activate" it, otherwise it will not work. So yes it will need to be activated but not registered to 1 PC. You can legally, as far as I'm aware, install it to your second PC, but it will not activate, therefore it will stop working after 30 days on the second PC. Regards. j..

Djohn 23:24 05 Aug 03

Sorry, crossed post :o(

shortcircuit 23:30 05 Aug 03

Thanks Djohn.

Spot on with the answer I required.
-----------------------------------------------
Read the terms and conditions of this website before you ask certian questions.
"'Cracks' or copyright infringement - we do not permit the posting of information that will enable other people to use pirated software or to evade the copyright laws. Please do not post serial numbers or CD keys, or links to sites that contain file-sharing software or such information. "

Calm Down! Calm Down!! No-ones going to jail!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…