XP pro login

joel42 09:46 15 Nov 04

Help urgently needed
Recently loaded SP2 and had no problems for a few days. Now when the Windows XP page opens, it asks for a username and password. I have Supervisor and one other account on the system. Neither password is accepted, and as I stupidly had previously deleted the "guest" account can't use that.
Can anyone help/suggest how I can now get into my system, or have I really messed up big-time

Graham ® 10:05 15 Nov 04

Press OK without entering anything.

Bob The Nob© 10:08 15 Nov 04

one of the PCA discs has a Windows xp lost password registry editor where you can reset your passwords but I don't know how it works as I don't have XP. Try this site click here download it and extract it on to a floppy disc and boot up form it. It that doesn't work try these click here .

BOB THE NOB

joel42 11:52 22 Nov 04

Thanks to everyone for their help. I managed to to change the passwords in the end by using a prog called Locksmith.
Once again, many thanks

BigMoFoT 12:01 22 Nov 04

Providing there wasn't a password on the administrator account you could have booted into safe mode and logged in via admin and changed the passwords..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…