Xp Pro Freezes Up

£$£$£$ 01:14 25 Jul 04

i have recently had to reinstall windows after formatting the hard drives. I had a few problems with the SATA hard drives not being reconised by windows but i fianlly sorted it out i need the si3114r silicon image controller drivers put onto floppy then installed so xp would reconise the hard drives.
But when i wasn't sure about what the hell to do i thought that it may have something to do with the bios settings so after messing aroud with these i managed to set an alarm off. I didnt know what to do when i restarted the alarm would cont'. So i thought i wqould reset the bios and start again so i pulled the battery and left it for 30 mins or so then started the computer again and the alarm had stopped.
Ever since i got windows back working reinstalled(and before in the original state that i got the computer but too a lesser extent) the computer has been doing intermitent freezes when nothing happens, only the hard drive light on the machine lights up it doesnt flicker it just stays constantly a light, the machine stays frozen for about 10 secs or so then goes bacck to what i was doing. This happens both online and off.
Ive got an up to date virus scanner installed and a firewall. I also use adware and spybot regulary and also i use acronis privacy expert to do full internet clean up wiping away cookies etc, every time i come offline.
Any Ideas???

flyingpeterpan 09:48 25 Jul 04

Please give detail of your PC such as model of MOBO, I have a feeling you might have used the wrong Sil controller.

£$£$£$ 13:36 25 Jul 04

My Motherboard is ABIT KV8 MAX3 my processor is AMD AThlon64 3400 My harddrive(s) are connected to the SATA-3 and SATA-4 connector which im sure uses the silicon image SATA controller where SATA-1 and SATA-2 controlled via the southbridge thus doesnt need the silicion image controller.

When i put the silicon image drivers on too the system i tryed to load si3112r but it wouldnt work it need for si3114r to be installed for Xp Pro to reconise the hard drives

flyingpeterpan 13:43 25 Jul 04

Your PC's spec is the same as one of my computers,but I don't have any problems of yours,are you using RAID?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…