XP Pro folder view problems

me00rjb 13:24 02 Sep 03

When i change the view (icons / thumbnails / list, etc.) in a folder, i find that Windows changes, at random, the view settings for other folders on my hard drive. If i try and re-set the ones its changed, it alters other ones at random. Has anyone else come across this problem or have any suggestions as to how i might stop this happening and keep the folder settings how i want them??!

Thanks for your help!

me00rjb 15:54 03 Sep 03

Am i the only person to have experienced this??

Taff36 16:20 03 Sep 03

In CONTROL PANEL > FOLDER OPTIONS > VIEW tab there is an option under Managing pairs of web pages that says "Remember each folders view settings" Suggest you tick it.

Taff36 16:25 03 Sep 03

Also in explorer select the folders you want to change RIGHT CLICK choose Properties CUSTOMIZE (SIC)tab. You can alter the view of the folder from the drop down template list and the tick box underneath decides if you want to apply to subfolders.

I haven`t noticed anything going wrong since I discovered these two little tips - experiment and let us know

whybe 19:40 03 Sep 03

Also in Windows Explorer>Tools>Folder Options. Then View Tab, make sure the reset button isn't pressed or you will be back to square one!

me00rjb 17:44 07 Sep 03

'Remember each folder's view settings' was already checked - i can change the view of the folder i'm in succesfully, the problem is that when i do that, i find another random folder's settings have been changed, so nothing stays as i set it for long... any more suggestions?

keith-236785 18:08 07 Sep 03

in control panel/folder options, try "restore defaults", then if this solves the problem change things one at a time back to you preffered settings, if the error occurs again just go back a step.

Also do a virus check and a trojan check to make sure your system is clean. click here for an online virus scan and click here for anti-trojan checker 30 day trial.

good luck

pc moron 20:29 07 Sep 03

Try this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…