XP Pro and Fax Facility Installation.

spuds 17:32 12 Oct 03

I am trying to install a fax facilty onto my computer. Using the XP Pro route via Add/Remove Windows Components, I find that I cannot access this fax add-on.

I am being told that I want a file fxscfgwz.dll' on Windows XP Professional CD-Rom is needed.Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK. The path leads me to a discontinued and un-installed HP 590 OfficeJet printer file, that I once had connected to my computer.

How can I install the Windows fax facility. Do I need to re-install via the XP Pro CD. Is it a simple case of 'dropping' the disk in the computer and letting it sort itself out- Or will disaster strike.

spikeychris 17:42 12 Oct 03

click here and download the file.

spuds 18:00 12 Oct 03

spikeychris- thanks for the download link.

Just downloaded, and my computer crashed. Do not know why that happened or what caused that (;o).

spikeychris 18:05 12 Oct 03

mmmmm worked a couple of weeks ago. click here

Chris

spuds 18:18 12 Oct 03

Was able to download from first link okay, but computer crashed after download.Second link, is something that I have been looking for. Now in my favourites. Thanks again.

Now to try and set-up a computer MS fax facility!.

Cesar 11:05 13 Oct 03

Go to Control Panel> printers and fax's double click on the fax Icon and it might ask you to insert your XP Disk, this should download the fax software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…