xp pro error windows disappear too quickly

johnnyrocker 15:58 04 Oct 03

my turn for some help please, as above when ever i get any error messages they vanish before i have time to read/digest the contents.
my question is this, is there any way i can set the amount of time the message stays on screen so i get chance to read it and take appropriate action.

cheers.

johnny.

AL D. 16:11 04 Oct 03

You can view them again by pressing the "PRT SCR" on your keyboard as soon as the message appears and then open"PAINT" from windows accessories and then open EDIT and select paste,but you have to be a little sharp,hope this helps you.

johnnyrocker 16:14 04 Oct 03

thanks for that but i think i will be a bit too slow to manage that one;)

cheers.

johnny.

Djohn 16:20 04 Oct 03

If you mean an error message that flashes up and then re-boots your PC. You need to turn off from within XP "Allow automatic restart" this will leave the message on-screen and require a manual reboot from your self, after you have read the message. j.

johnnyrocker 19:44 04 Oct 03

not quite what i mean, if for example i am renaming a file in my music collection and i have one of the same name pc makes a noise nad box flashes up and goes (i happen to know that particular warning is cannot re name file already exists) but i use it as an example that any similar alerts just blink on and vanish. my thanks for the effort though.

cheers

johnny.

Jester2K II 19:54 04 Oct 03

Got any popup stoppers running??

johnnyrocker 20:04 04 Oct 03

interesting point i have pop up stopper but i have it set for a sound alert which is different to that the pc makes, however have just renamed a file to a known duplicate with pop up stopper set to off and same problem.

cheeers.

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…