XP Pro doesnt work on my HP

t_searle 23:30 01 May 06

Got my new laptop with XP Home on. Got myself XP Pro (unattended install) but it keeps cutting out with 34 minutes to go. I was just wondering if HP has some software hidden in my machine to prevent me installing this addition?

terryf 01:33 02 May 06

Are you doing a clean instal or repair instal cos a clean instal would re-format your drive and there couldn't be any residual HP software I would have thought. Of course a clean instal loses all your progs

rmcqua 08:41 02 May 06

There is absolutely no reason why HP would want to prevent you from installing XP Pro on your machine.

billyliv 08:45 02 May 06

You cant do a completely unattended instal as you have to manually input Product key etc. Cheers, Bill.L.

t_searle 15:39 02 May 06

Just managed to get it sorted. Turns out I had a few bad bits on my hard drive, but playing about with partitions seems to have resolved this issue. You can get an unattended install by the way.

Legolas 18:44 02 May 06

t_searle I am intereste, as said how do you input the product key and other bits of info if the install is unattended

ade.h 18:55 02 May 06

click here*&meta=&btnG=Google+Search Some info there. Basically, I think you have to create a slipstream CD and include the required info in it.

ade.h 18:55 02 May 06

The link looks broken but still works.

billyliv 00:04 03 May 06

Hi, I still say that you cant do an unattended instal unless it has been previously installed. (which wasn't pointed out in the initial thread)If anyone can show me how to instal XP Pro without inputing the Product key manually I will eat my hat as they say. Cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…