xp pro clean reinstall but no disks

nhojnhoj35 08:29 17 May 06

I want to do a complete clean re-install of windows xp pro on my works desktop but I have no idea where any of the disks are for it. Theyve probably been binned.

Presumably, I can get the licence key from the current installation but then what do I do?
Thank you for any help

rmcqua 08:44 17 May 06

If I understand you correctly, this is a work desktop, so it's likely that your company has a multi-user licence for Xp Pro. If so, I find it difficult to believe that they have lost the disks. Are you sure?
If they have been lost, then I think you are stuck, unless you can convince MS, from using the current licence key, to give you a new installation i/d.

ventanas 08:59 17 May 06

The licence key should be on a sticker attached to the case. But without any disc you will not be able to reinstall. Unless its one of those machines that comes with the installation files on a hidden partition. What make and model is it?

nhojnhoj35 09:12 17 May 06

Hi,
Its an NEC Powermate. We are a small company without a dedicated IT department and yes the product key is on the side of the machine but all the pcs we have came with preinstalled disks.

Is a pre-installed version recovery disk unique to the machine or not?

If not then there is probably one I can use

Smiler 09:52 17 May 06

Why not contact NEC
nhojnhoj35
and see if they can supply a disc as I think pre installed back up discs are tied to the pc manufacturers machines.

nhojnhoj35 09:53 17 May 06

i will try that. thank you

Smiler 19:14 17 May 06

Sorry ment to post the link to the site for you.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now