Xp pro anomally due to uninstall

JINXED02 17:01 01 Jun 04

Hi all, Firstly there's no need for the softly softly approach here I am no novice when it come to using and putting pc's together ok, however I would like some views on this and if possible a solution two.

Very recently I installed a S-video cature card no problems here my system was running sweet as a nut, only too find that after a short period of time the card developed a fault and needed to be replaced, so naturally I uninstalled the software and removed the pci card... now this is where the problem lies,

Ever since the removal of the card my pc has started to run like a snail as if running in safe mode all the time, everytime I start-up it runs scandisk, there is about a 3 second pause between each action and request event, yes I have tried using system restore and no this does'nt work, putting back the pci-card and drivers hey presto it's back to normal but this isn't the solution.

I've checked through everything after the uninstall the registry, latent leftover files and dlls and over assoicated items connected with the program, for possible cause and effect. Also looked through to see what other changes had been made to other parts of the system and in due course made corrections including putting a couple of the codecs back, but still I am left with the problem.

And this is a first for me as usually I don't suffer that many ill problems, that I cannot fix for myself so I would appreciate some help, thanx.

johnsims 17:10 01 Jun 04

Sounds daft, but check to see if your hard drive is still in DMA mode and hasn't somehow reverted to PIO

JINXED02 23:31 01 Jun 04

I only wish it was that simple john, but alas not I've already been through the bios with a fine tooth comb checking the setup, I should have mentioned this previously, but thanx anyway, some input is better than none.

VoG II 23:36 01 Jun 04

Have you tried last known good configuration?

Or you may want to consider a repair installation.

If you need details, post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…