XP Pro Accounts Control

Mr Alien 10:40 07 Apr 03

Hi,

I have set up a PC with Windows XP Professional, for multiple users, and I have changed the Start Menu so that it looks how I want it to, by altering the contents of "c:\documents and settings\all users\start menu" (or whatever it is).

However, when I create a new user account with 'limited use', whilst the start menu has all the folders and icons that I have configured, it ALSO has about 5 other icons (such as Outlook, IE, etc) and the accessories folder.

How can I prevent these icons from replicating themselves into each new users account?

Cheers.

Lozzy 11:36 07 Apr 03

These are there by default. To remove them go in as the administrator then Windows Explorer C:/Documents and settings/Local Settings/(User name)/start menu/programs now remove the default icons you don't want the user to have access too.

Mr Alien 11:39 07 Apr 03

I know that it is possible to remove them from each user start menu retrospectivly,

...but I want to be able to create the acount without them being there in the first place, as a lot of accounts are going to be created!

Is this possible? thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…