xp pro 80gb hard drive nearly full but why?

frankie 23:13 25 Apr 07

xp pro 80gb hard drive nearly full but why?,hardly anything on pc.is running ok,but properties on my c drive says its nearly full, have had no error messages thus far but worried as showing only 5 percent left??????????

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:16 25 Apr 07

Crap Cleaner click here
will delete temporay files that are no longer needed.

you can also save space by deleting restore points and windows upate restore points look in the winows folder any files in blue strating with $ can be deleted.

Stuartli 23:24 25 Apr 07

Over the years I've had HDDs ranging from 850MB, 1.3GB, 1.7GB, 6.4GB, 20GB, 40GB and my current 60GB drive (nearly four years old) and I've never managed to get them more than half used...:-)

Quiet Life 09:35 26 Apr 07

This free utility will give you the details of all the space being used click here

Also Start >Programs>Accessories >System Tools> Clean Disc will get rid of TemporaryInternet files, Waste Bin etc which will have built up. These can account for several gigabyte but it looks as if you are looking for some very large files like game programs or videos.

keef66 11:10 26 Apr 07

I'd recommend looking in Add / Remove programs, and sort by size. Uninstall anything large you don't need any more.

Then download Crapcleaner and first run cleaner (I choose to keep the cookies and another few bits & pieces), and then go to issues and fix anything it finds

frankie 19:49 08 May 07

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…