XP Po SP2 networking prob, very strnge help needed

tinny76 14:05 28 Aug 05

hi i have a very strange network prob when i install sp2(xp pro). Internet explorer does not work at all. It opens ok but i get a page cannot be displayed error message. I am using NTL cable broadband, the strangest aspect of this is that i have an ip address but i cannot ping anythin including my own gateway, i cant trace a route to anything BUT i am wrinting this online right now using mozilla firefox whiich is fine and can connect to all sites that are required. Windows firewall is off and i dont have a third party friewall installed. This is definately an sp2 issue because its the third time i have installed and unistalled sp2 and the problem dissapears when i uninstall it. I've had a search about but no one else seems to have had this problem.
can anyone help???
thanks.
T.

tinny76 14:55 28 Aug 05

bump

howard60 17:25 28 Aug 05

have you tried rerunning sp2 over the existing setup. If you have the sp2 cd you can do this it is like a repair thingy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…