xp password

menorcarob2 13:14 28 May 03

when my win xp pro starts it asks me for my password when i enter it it says that it cannot log on what is the problem

mammak 13:53 28 May 03

i had some what the same prob as your self, although i never created a pass word, i just left the box blank and clicked ok an it let me on, try an see if it works it can do no harm.

menorcarob2 14:04 28 May 03

tried that no help

Stalker 14:18 28 May 03

Does it say why it cannot log on?

STEVE71163 14:33 28 May 03

Have you tried re booting and then try again?

beastieboy 14:35 28 May 03

try booting in safe mode and see if you can get into it this way

menorcarob2 14:55 28 May 03

i have tried many times and the only way in is via the administrator and password, but this does not give me access to all of my settings

menorcarob2 16:39 28 May 03

the exact massage reads

this sytem could not log you on. make sure your user name and domain are correct, then type your password again.

Stalker 17:24 28 May 03

ok try going into it via the administrator and then go to the control panel, and then user accounts in there, you should find your user account (hopefully) click on your user and goto change password, and type in a different password save, exit log off and try loogin in again

menorcarob2 17:44 28 May 03

hooray!!!! it worked a treat, but why did ti change

Stalker 23:38 28 May 03

Could have been a possible virus, or even possibly someone else playing on your computer, buy hey all that matters is its sorted now.

If you dont have any Anti Virus software i sugest you invest in some.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…