xp and outlook express

dolphinaber 22:29 20 Mar 03

When I get outlook express up on the screen a window comes up and says` You are currently working off line would you like to go online now`
When I click on yes AOL starts loading up and I finish up with the AOL home page.
The same happens if I try to send emails. I havnt had it working since I bought my new PC with XP.
Can anybody help please ?

Peter E 23:57 20 Mar 03

Don't know whether this helps but have a look at this previous posting about OE and AOL...

click here

Regards

dolphinaber 09:38 21 Mar 03

Thanks Peter. I had no idea that XP and AOL can give you problems with OE. It was really History that I was hoping to use with OE as I cannot find anything like it with AOL . Funny but I can use it but each time I would have to select the one I want to open , click on it and then AOL would go on line I would then disconnect wait for it to disconnect and low and behold the web site would be on the screen. Hardly
Rocket Science !!!!
Before I joined AOL I was with BT and had no problems. Though long in the tooth I thought when I replaced my old Pentium 2 with XP and a Athlon 2600 I would try another server . Now Im beginning to wonder if I did the right thing.
Dont want problems at my age !!!!!!

dolphinaber 21:04 21 Mar 03

Can anybody please tell me if there is an equivalent to History ( OE ) with AOL .

Peter E 23:47 21 Mar 03

I'm not sure what you mean by using History with Outlook Express. Are you referring to the History button in the Internet Explorer browser? In your initial posting you mentioned problems with Outlook Express (OE) and AOL.

I understand you can use Internet Explorer with AOL rather than the AOL browser - it's just Outlook Express (e-mail) that can give problems with AOL.

Post back if you need further assistance.

geewis 00:03 22 Mar 03

Try tiscaly I've used it for years with no problems, hardly ever been kicked off and never been told the my E-Mail attachments have to be less than a sertain size.

Andsome 08:12 22 Mar 03

When I first had a computer I attended a short internet course. The first evening we were all handed a printed leaflet headed 'AOL THE UPGRADE OF DEATH'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac