XP and outlook express

geoffinhedon 14:58 20 Jan 03
  geoffinhedon 14:58 20 Jan 03

I am now running XP pro and appear to have lost Outlook Express.Do I need to re-install outlook express or is there a "fix" for this problem
How do I get it back ?
How do I re-install Outlook Express

jazzypop 15:15 20 Jan 03

click here
- this should do it.

geoffinhedon 18:44 21 Jan 03

I installed IE 6 again
but Outlook Express still wont run in XP
I have not yet found the answer....
Any ideas folks
Many thanks in advance

misery 19:47 21 Jan 03

set Outlook and not outlook explorer for your email?

jazzypop 22:42 21 Jan 03

Your first post said that you had lost OE, which I interpreted as you could not find the program to launch it.

Your second post says that it won't run - what exactly happens when you try to run it, and are you trying to run it from the Start button, or from within your browser?

jazzypop 10:27 22 Jan 03

Received by email......

"I open the prog from the start menu

I then get an error message

"Address Book failed to load, OE is incorrectly configured, please re-install" Click OK The prog then opens ok When I try to create an email or reply to an existing email I get the next error message. "There is an error opening the message. An error has occured" The prog will access the server and download any mail...but I cant make any new emails??????? Hope you can spot the problem ? Many thanks for taking the time to respond Cheers Geoff"

Please post your responses via the "Add a new response" box at the bottom of the page. This will make them visible to other contributors who may be able to help more than I can.

Did you upgrade to XP Pro from W98? If so, it seems that Windows Address Book (WAB) got damaged in the process. I have found 4 possible reasons, all of which relate to a damaged WAB, at click here=

I would try to apply the fixes, in order that they appear in the link above, but do a reboot between each attempt to fix it to to check whether it worked.

geoffinhedon 21:12 22 Jan 03

I went to the location suggested by jazzypop
This took me to Outlook Express Support pages
There were several "fixes" indicated there
One of them suggested mods to the registry!
With some trepidation I followed their instructions!!
It worked ...the problem is solved !!!
Many thanks to jazzypop for the advise
Geoff

pavel 21:31 22 Jan 03

Just bought an Aries P4c 2.0 ghz PC very good price and good looking spec and 3 year on site parts and labour. Any body out there got any "Horror" stories about this make of machine? I cant find reviews of them any where.
Thank you Pavel

geoffinhedon 05:47 23 Jan 03

All ok now
Thanks for your help

Billp64 08:00 23 Jan 03

I have just installed xp home and did the same, I loaded the version off the cover disk of the PCA magazine and it appears to work ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…