XP Office - How do I deactivate?

QuickSoc 11:18 10 Mar 03

Hello,

I have installed a copy of XP Office from a friend on my notebook. He had also installed it on his notebook. I activated it from my PC. He can now not activate it from his notebook.

Effectively I've pirated his software, come up against Microsoft's activation policy for the first time, and activated the software from my machine. He obviously cannot activate from his machine.

Is there anyway I can deactivate XP Office so that he can activate it?

Will it help if I uninstall the copy from my notebook?

Do I need to contact Microsoft?

Conroy

Lozzy 11:50 10 Mar 03

You do have Pirate copy albeit that it has been activated. There is no way to deactivate it and if your friend needs to activate it in order to use it he will need to contact Microsoft for an additional license in order to make it legal.

QuickSoc 14:36 11 Mar 03

Thanks a lot.

I spoke to Microsoft - apparently one's liscense entitles one to load XP Office on two machines (preferably a desktop and notebook). Activation is possible either via the Net or manually. However one can only activate one copy via the Net. A second copy must be activated manually.

Cheers
Conroy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…