XP Nvidia Display Driver - Run a DLL error?

Balf 21:57 07 Sep 03

Please help - I have a Geforce MX440 Display Card and i have just installed the NVIDIA XP Display drivers, it installed no problem yet when i click on the Geforce 4 MX440 tab under the Display settings, advanced tab, i get the error message 'Run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience'

I have no idea what this means or why it is doing it - i rolled back the driver and it goes away, but i want the newest driver obviously (I downloaded the driver from Nvidia's website by the way)

soy 22:35 07 Sep 03

Hi,

You encounter these problems becuase some left over files from you old driver is conflicting with your new driver.

Run this patch to clean it up. click here.

Then when you click the Nvidia tab, you won't get the error message anymore.

Hope this helps.

squareye 22:39 07 Sep 03

Balf, sorry Im not a total expert, Ive had the odd problem with nvidia drivers-a dll is a dynamic library link, an app is an application, so its having trouble finding/loading the file.Maybe re-download and save the files,in case they were corrupted, Ive had this when using a download manager. Sometimes a file, nview.dll wouldnt load,(leading to a default lo res screen at startup). I put the Nvidia folder at the root of C/, made sure it wasnt compressed, as this was somthing else it didnt seem to like, and just overwrote the previous files,it all goes nicely now and has some good features, worth persevering with, good luck.
regards james

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…