Xp nuisance

alan 2273 15:21 20 Sep 03

Ihave just built a computer - As rock MB - 2000xp processer 256 ddr crucial 266 ram 40gb Hd. I installed Xp Home on it ( it is the upgrade version) I then registered it and no problems. When I switched it on the next day it asked me if I wanted to continue the instillation or go straight into xp, this seems to have no effect on the way it runs but it is a nuisance to have to select at the start instead of going straight to the welcome screen. Can anyone tell me how to get round this problem. Thanks Alan

JIM 15:29 20 Sep 03

Tricky one that,would it be worth selecting to continue the installation as it is pretty fresh install and would not think it would cause any problems.

See what other may say first.

Terrahawk 15:29 20 Sep 03

it is usual to install an upgrade version over a previous o/s if it is aking you to continue install this could be the problem btw i am assuming of course that you did a clean install of xp without a previous o/s installed

JIM 15:32 20 Sep 03

I need my eyes tested today,i did not see the other thread,let alone that i had post to it:)

AndySD 16:00 20 Sep 03

Try going Start/control panel/system/advanced/start up and recovery/settings/ and in System Startup click on Edit and post what it says here.

alan 2273 16:01 20 Sep 03

I do not know what you are talking about, where did you get the idea that i had said anything about you being involved in a previous post or thread relating to this subject.
Back to the subject, I read in a computer magazine that eve with the xp upgrade disc a clean instillation can be done and part of the way through it will ask you for 98se just top verify that you have the disc.
Terrahawk I did try doing the instillation again then i registered it again and switched it off then on start up exactly the same problem.

alan 2273 17:36 20 Sep 03

Thanks for the information, in Edit their were two entries so I deleted the one entry and no more problems, once again thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…