XP not starting up.

misters 18:33 03 Aug 04

Can someone please give me some advice on this, my sis in laws pc boots up then when she clicks on her account the pc shuts down. This also happens on her husbands account as well.

Any Info would be appreciated.
Thanx in advance.

spikeychris 18:41 03 Aug 04

Is this XP Home? If so boot into safe mode first and there should be an account named admin. Open this account with the password used when she installed XP. Reset the other accounts.

misters 19:10 03 Aug 04

Could you please give me step by step instructions as i dont use xp myself?
Thank you.

spikeychris 19:15 03 Aug 04

Whilst the machine is booting up hit F8 and select safe mode. She will be offered the admin account.

misters 20:02 03 Aug 04

I'll get her to try it later as shes at bingo just now i will keep you posted.
Cheers

misters 18:33 04 Aug 04

I never got a chnce to get hold of my sis in law until this afternoon and she informed me that she took her pc tower back to were she got it from, since she didn't have a recovery disc.

Her words not mine.

misters 22:20 09 Aug 04

Sorry i nver got back to anyone but my sis in law took her pc back to were she got it fro and they told her that her account had been hack into so they have set her up with a firewall and spyware software.

spikeychris 09:42 10 Aug 04

misters, not to be too cynical but when you say the account had been hacked, what exactly did they say? How did they fix it? And what did they charge?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…