XP not printing from internet Explorer

Clivuus 22:44 07 Sep 03

Help. I have just restored my XP Home edition from my Packard Bell restore discs, and updated to Service Pack 1, and all of the critical updates at windows update, and still my printer will not print web pages. It works OK on all other programmes.
On pressing the print icon all I get is a box stating an error has occured in the script on this page, Line: 93 Char:1 Error: Access is denied Code: 0 URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg. This occurs even though I have disabled script debugging in Internet Options. I have been onto the HP web site and they checked my drivers for correct settings and for being the latest issue. Anyone got any ideas ?

Djohn 23:22 07 Sep 03

Open IE, tools/options/advanced and in the box under, "Disable script debugging", remove the tick from "show line errors". this may do the trick. j.

Clivuus 23:51 07 Sep 03

Had a look and the next box down is about dislaying a notification. It has not ot a tick though. Nothing about line errors in the list.

Megatyte 00:00 08 Sep 03

Try File - Print Preview and see if it will print from there.

VoG II 08:13 08 Sep 03

Try removing Surfairy click here

Clivuus 20:26 08 Sep 03

Thanks It was Surfairy causing the trouble. Once uninstalled through the Packard Bell restore programme all works again.

Megatyte 01:44 09 Sep 03

Nice one VoG.

Never heard of Surfairy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…