XP not letting me change log off

as400man 18:09 29 Jan 03

I have just got onto ntl set top bb using my ethernet port for the first time and now XP always asks for a pw when I sign-on and makes me use the 2000 style logoff drop down options. It won't let me change the settings ...message 'Client Services for Netware' installed.
Do I need this on for my BB connection or can I untick it? What others do I really need?

Many thanks as always.

AndySD 19:55 29 Jan 03

Can you tell us if you are conneted to any other PC's?

Can you tell us what other protocols are installed?

click here

as400man 23:06 29 Jan 03

TCP/ICP only protocol.No connection other than to ntl bb. I tried un-ticking the service and re-booting but I still cannot change my log-on/off because it says I have to 'uninstall' the settng.

as400man 12:59 30 Jan 03

Thanks for the web link. I like the way it takes you through the screens step by step - probably the best XP help site I have seen (and I've seen a few)

Thanks again.

as400man 17:46 30 Jan 03

Unticking 'Client Services for Netware' had no effect. I had to uninstall it. This left me with Client for Microsoft Networks and TCP/IP ticked which I have found by trial and error are the only two options I need. But you do need both ticked.
I could then change my logon/off options.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…