XP not installing

Gooseballer 15:01 17 Sep 05

Can anyone tell help me by giving me an idea why XP will not install. The installation gets past where you have to enter name etc. But after that a blue screen comes up saying "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" and it says I have to reboot and every time I try to install xp this happens.
Please Help Me

jack 15:15 17 Sep 05

I have had similar problems recently.
I seems that this particular version would not load unless the disk was in a 'new' condition.
That is it would not overwrite/upgrade.
It has to be F/disk and format C/:S
Are you familiar with he F/disk routine with a '98 boot disk?

Gooseballer 15:17 17 Sep 05

No I dont think i am

Gooseballer 16:01 17 Sep 05

Would anyone be able to tell me what is meant by this "It has to be F/disk and format C/:S Are you familiar with he F/disk routine with a '98 boot disk?"

De Marcus™ 16:06 17 Sep 05

Fdisk = repartition your hard drive

Format = erase your hard drive ready for OS to be installed

familiar with the routine? = do you know how to boot the pc with a 98 cd?

De Marcus™ 16:09 17 Sep 05

98cd? sorry 98 boot disk (floppy)

ashdav 17:06 17 Sep 05

Might be easiet to download the free version of this click here

Gooseballer 17:23 17 Sep 05

Would you be able to tell me what the 98 routine is.

ashdav 17:36 17 Sep 05

It refers to the old method of installing Windows 98 by using a boot floppy which then ran the main installation CD. You used to be able to download a copy of the boot floppy from Microsoft but as 98 is no longer supported I don't know if you can still get it.
I would strongly suggest you use Killdisk to erase the hardrive as it is a lot simpler and it does actually erase the previous data. It might seem a bit slow but you only do it once. At the site click on Download free version and follow the instructions.

ashdav 17:54 17 Sep 05

Easiest option is to download the Bootable Disk Creator. When you've got it,doubleclick on the file and then follow the instructions that come up.
When you've finished, insert the floppy into the computer you want to erse and switch it on. Let it load until it stops at the red screen. Press enter then use the down arrow to select Hard Disk Drive (80h). Then press F10, and F10 again. Now type in erase-all-data with no gaps and no quotation marks and press enter. It will take a while depending on the size of the hardrive and the speed of your computer.

Gooseballer 20:24 17 Sep 05

I have tried the kill disk and the blue screen still comes up. Is there any thing else I can do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…