XP and MS-Dos PC games.

Grambo 13:35 22 Jan 03
  Grambo 13:35 22 Jan 03

Ive obtained a PC game (Command and Conquer) which I think was released in 1995. Just had a look at the requirements and noticed it refers to MS-DOS 5.0 or higher. Me thinks this will not run on XP. Is this correct

Lozzy 13:41 22 Jan 03

Correct

Old PC man 13:53 22 Jan 03

I have a copy of C&C tiberian sun which I used to run on Win95. This does also run on XP home and, so far, hasn't crashed once.

Go to the Westwood website and download the latest patches for your version for XP and follow the install instructions.

Cheers

John {:<0)

Grambo 15:00 22 Jan 03

Just checked Westwood site. They say when installing go into autorun compatabilty mode for Win 95. Is this safe, Ive never used this and dont really want to screw system

Old PC man 13:34 23 Jan 03

The best thing to do if your system is perfect at present is to create a system restore point before making any changes. That way you can restore your system to a time when it worked OK.

Then any changes you make will be quickly undone.

The autorun is the only thing that will be changed and the program itself will start and run in the compatability mode that you set. No other programs should be affected

Go into Start, search, type compatability in the search box and follow the instructions. Use the wizard to help you.

Good luck and Nuke away.

John.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…