XP - MP3 recording in Media Player 9

sammy007 23:49 27 Jan 03

Can anyone help..I tried to follow the instructions given in a discussion from earlier today for sorting out the above, but have encountered difficulty....(see XP - recording to MP3 in Media Player 9)

I have downloaded and applied the ra-codec12.zip file, but, I'm having trouble changing the keys in the MPencoding registry, or rather, when I do and try to record i'm told i'm missing a compatible MP3 encoder.

When i open the MP3encoding editor there is not just a default icon(REG_SZ), but all the relevant rate icons(REG_DWORD), all the but the lowest of them with different values to that stipulated by GoldenEagle above. There are also two other 'PreferredCodec' icons in there, along with a LowRateSample icon.

I changed the values of the 4, already existing, icons to those stated by GoldenEagle and left the other icons as they were....

Can anyone advise

Lú-tzé 08:41 28 Jan 03

click here - and download the file called mp3.reg - it will make the registry change automatically for you.

click here for the registry change it self. It is only 1k so it will be downloaded before you know it.

Lú-tzé 08:53 28 Jan 03

PS - when you make the registry change it is necessary that you reboot the pc for the changes to take effect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…