XP Modem Problems

redsforever 19:21 01 May 04

My pc had started to run slowly, the graphics were jumpy and music distorted so i decided to re-install windows (xp pro). Everything seemed to go ok but now i cannot access the internet via my broadband connection. It does not recognise the modem and when i try to add the modem i get error number 711 cannot load remote access connection manager - i have tried starting this but then receive error nos 5 and 1068 - i have tried reinstalling the modem to no avail.....i am running windows 98 on my second hard drive and there is no problem with the modem there......any help most appreciated ???

johnnyrocker 19:25 01 May 04

in what way did you originally install your connection facilities?

Graham ® 19:27 01 May 04

Here you go click here

redsforever 19:32 01 May 04

originally just using the freeserve broadband installation kit - ive ran this again as if i was starting from scratch but when i go to internet explorer then connections and try to add - it says cannot load remote access service connection manager...

redsforever 19:35 01 May 04

Graham - thanks for the reponse am afraid i tried that - it wouldnt let me start them - came up with the error message 1068 and 5

johnnyrocker 19:37 01 May 04

why not try start/run/type in icwconn1 then ok and install the connection from there.

redsforever 19:43 01 May 04

i'll give that a go - would re-installing windows again do any good?

Graham ® 19:43 01 May 04

Error 1068 click here

Have you tried all these? :-)

redsforever 19:56 01 May 04

thanks i'll give them a go

johnnyrocker 19:56 01 May 04

slightly aside graham.
i am not able to open either of your links in this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…