XP missing file start up problem

roclive1 11:00 30 Nov 08

Recently, I had my 'ME' C drive formated, and replaced with 'XP Pro'. However, since then, nearly every time I plug in and start up, I receive the following two messages: 'The following file is missing or corrupted: C:\Windows\System\Vmm32.vxd', & 'The following file is missing or corrupted: C:\Windows\Ifshlp.sys'.
Just before these appear, the screen flashes for a nano second with the 'ME' start up logo.
I have to reboot three or four times via the on/off button before 'XP Pro' kicks in.
Any advice what the duce is occuring and how to fix, would be much appreciated.

Batch 11:17 30 Nov 08

I have XP Pro and don't have either of those files.

DieSse 11:27 30 Nov 08

click here and you will see that these are ME problems.

I suggest you look in the startup activities, and delete the lines that refer to them.

You can do this via msconfig (start - run - msconfig) select start up tab.

Or via this very useful little program that allows better control over startup actions.

click here

Batch 13:21 30 Nov 08

Is sounds like your hard drive wasn't formatted and XP installed, but instead ME was upgraded to XP. Not the best of options - see click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…