xp missing copy to cd

olderone 14:43 04 Aug 04

my friend has just got a digital camera and has transferred the images to"my pictures"in xp, but cannot tranfer to cd because under "picture tasks"item 4 "copy to cd"is missing.This is on a Systemax computer which does not have a windows disk but restore cd's 1&2.Any ideas how to find "copy to cd"

BurrWalnut 15:00 04 Aug 04

Highlight the ones to be copied to CD and right-click then SendTo, CD-RW drive.

cga 15:06 04 Aug 04

To add to what BurrWalnut says: This assumes that you have direct CD writing enabled. It could be that you don't and this is the cause of the missing 'copy to CD' - but not sure about that.

If you are not able to write to CD this way then you will need to update this thread to ask how to activate direct CD writing (I don't use it myself) or use one of the CD writing programs (NERO etc.).

Hope this helps

GroupFC 15:08 04 Aug 04

I think it might be because CD recording is not enabled.

In Explorer right click on the CD drive and select properties. On the recording tab ensure there is a tick in "enable cd recording on this drive".

Good luck!

JoeC 15:10 04 Aug 04

the CDrw drive concerned, go into properties then recording, is there a tick in Enable CD recording on this drive ?

BurrWalnut 15:24 04 Aug 04

I'm sure one of the above replies will solve the problem but in case it doesn't, try these 2 :-

Clean the CD lens.

Start, Administrative Tools, Services and find IMAPI CD Burning..... and start it running.

SEASHANTY 15:25 04 Aug 04

XP's Built in CD recording info click here

olderone 06:56 05 Aug 04

Thankyou for solving this problem for two learners.I would also like to thank all contributors to this forum for their advice,so freely given.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…