xp media edition-TV reception

eddiemoose 13:15 09 Dec 06

I am running xp media edition SP2. I have set up my pc to receive freeview TV but I live in a poor reception area and have installed a mains powered signal booster to the main incoming aerial but I still had problems with the picture breaking up. so I fitted a second booster direct to the pc. My main tv has freeview via the main aerial/booster and is OK but pc reception is still awful. has anyone else come across this?

Stuartli 13:20 09 Dec 06

If you can't get a strong enough signal then I'm afraid you won't have much success until the analogue transmitters close down and digital signals receive a significant boost.

anskyber 13:22 09 Dec 06

Are you using a wideband (digital) aerial?

Stuartli 15:20 09 Dec 06

The point is relevant about a wideband aerial but eddiemoose states it's a poor reception area.

Even with a narrowband aerial quite a number of Freeview channels can be picked up - a wideband aerial picks them all up.

eddiemoose 20:52 09 Dec 06

Thanks for the replies. My areial is about 18 months old & I was told by the installer its the best you can get. I get a resonable signal on my main TV, although it does break up a little in cold dry weather but my PC is awful & I can't even get ITV1 sound or vision it's totally un-watchable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced