XP Media Centre Theme Display Problem

bluebottle 17:46 05 May 07

I have a Compaq Presario win XP media centre edition, its about a year old. It comes with all sorts of additional programs that are unessary or unwanted. I removed one of these programs namely HP photosmart premier edition. I got the usual dire warnings about removing software and what it may do to my computer, as I didn't want the program, I OKed it. When it had fully removed itself it changed the start menu Theme back to Windows Classic. No problem I thought, I know how to change that back, so I right click the desktop,select properties and select Themes and I changed it back to the Windows Media Center theme. Now here's the problem - When I click the start buton the initial menu appears in the media centre blue background theme, when I then select All Programs, the program menu display is clear with black text, it should be the same background colour as the start menu, the Media Centre Blue colour. I thought that may be some part of the theme may have been removed so I downloaded the theme from the Microsoft site and reinstalled with the same effect. Can anyone assist me with a fix for this please - its driving me nutttts Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5