XP logon screen

reddwarfcrew 19:29 25 May 03

I've just finished installing all the XP updates from the update site, but now when I boot the PC up it takes me to a logon on screen as opposed to dirctly into XP.

I've gone into User Accounts and it shows:

Myself (as administrator) - this is also the only option that appears in the logon screen,

+

ASP.NET Machine A - Limited account password protected (this doesn't appear at logon)

+

Guest - guest accoutn is off.

How do I get it to go dirctly to the desktop without me confirmning that I want to log in.

Also at the logon screen, it tells me that I have 1 unread email, which i don't??

Sorry for all the questions recently, but I'm trying to get to grips with XP!!

spikeychris 19:45 25 May 03

Just go to control panel and under user accounts click your name and select remove password. The email is probably from Outlook saying welcome.

Chris

powerless 19:48 25 May 03

To stop XP asking you for a password go to...

Start > Run > Copy and Paste:

Control userpasswords2

Click ok and remove the tick from "Users must enter..."

Click ok and this should stop a password being required. You will have to enter a Admin password though.

The unread email should go as a result. But just a little info Powertoys for XP can stop this happening. click here and install and naviagte to: Login > Unread Email > Remove the tick from "Show unread...", then click ok.

critic-al 20:21 25 May 03

if you wish to go back to the way you were before,
just do a system restore to before the windows update "ASP.NET Machine " or net framework,you will find that it will put you back to your start up the way you had it.these are not critical updates,
good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…