XP logon screen

peppy27 12:34 02 Jan 03
  peppy27 12:34 02 Jan 03

I have just installed Norton anti virus and Norton internet Security on my pc running win xp.

I have just rebooted the pc and it altered the logon screen instead of the default logon screen with customised icon, a simple logon with name and password it required.

Would Norton have changed the start up sequence? Any way of reverting back to default settings

HKspike 12:55 02 Jan 03

Did you choose to enable Parental Control and then, under Accoutns, opt for Norton's account manager rather than XP's?
If so try doing it the other way and let XP manage the accounts. Open NIS, select Parental Control, select Accounts, click on the Parental Control Wizard.
Good luck, Andy

peppy27 13:09 02 Jan 03

no luck andy even after ur suggestions, same old story

peppy27 13:33 02 Jan 03

i have just removed all norton software still no luck , can any one help

cdb 16:12 02 Jan 03

Try Start > control panel > user accounts > change way users log on or off. Hope it helps. I had the same thing happen to my computer one night and then it sorted itself out again. Wierd!

peppy27 16:48 02 Jan 03

A recently installed program has disabled the welcome screen and fast user switching. To restore this you must uninstall the program. The following file name might help you identify the program that made the change
C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/MSgina.dll.

Well as per above suggestion it was the blooming NIS, which caused this I have uninstalled Norton software from my pc.

What shall I do now? Please help...

peppy27 16:49 02 Jan 03

that the error messgae i get when i go to user accounts

VoG™ 17:12 02 Jan 03
  peppy27 18:44 02 Jan 03

I don’t want to fiddle with registry I have followed the step with the uninstalling the software.. What can I do?

€dstow 19:02 02 Jan 03

What about a system restore to a time before you installed this piece of dangerous software?

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…