Xp logon (how to stop it)

chrisinireland 16:40 10 May 04

im running windows xp pro,
recently every time i turn on my pc it loads and then up comes a username and password box for me to logon, well i havent got a password and i have to do is click ok and it passes and and loads into windows, is there n e way that i can stop this logon box from coming up in future so i can turn on my pc without haveing to logon.
thanks in advance :)

rawprawn 16:45 10 May 04

Contol Panel/ User Accounts/ change the way users log on or off/ Put a tick in use welcome screen.That way password wont come up.

mgmcc 16:46 10 May 04

Control Panel > User Accounts > Change the way users log on or off.

If you use the Welcome screen, only have one account and there is no password set, Windows should load without prompting for a Username/Password.

rawprawn 16:47 10 May 04

I think I may have misunderstood the question, I think that you can bypass it altogether, but I don't know how.

BurrWalnut 16:51 10 May 04

Try this :-

Start, Run and type "control userpasswords2" (don't type the quotes) and untick "Users must enter ......".

To be an administrator Start, Run and type "control userpasswords2 (don't type the quotes), click Properties against your name and make yourself an administrator.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…