XP login takes ages.

jon_nic 13:52 11 Oct 05

hi, my pc takes ages to login to my account and just freezes on the welcome screen for about 3mins

i noticed that my user profile was exceeding 1GB and woundered if this was the problem as other accounts on the computer dont have this issue.

i have tried bootvis but this showed that there was no problem with drivers and boot up.

please help.
jon.

€dstowe 13:56 11 Oct 05

Have you checked for any issues in the Event Viewer?

I had a machine that was taking a very long time to boot up. Looked in the event log and saw that the "C" drive was having problems starting properly (although it was OK when it got going).

I made a clone of the drive, swapped for the original and everything is running very smoothly.

€dstowe 13:58 11 Oct 05

BTW, should have mentioned, I still use the faulty drive for temp file storage in video processing. It works perfectly as soon as it gets going.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:28 11 Oct 05

Seval things could caus this, but first try a good clraen of the registry click here RescrubXP is an excellent program for this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…