XP login account

Muzz_former_aol_employee 14:33 27 Jan 05

Quick query my memory has gone blank I have used "control userpassords2" in XP to auto login to the admin account without using a password.

Does anyone know how to change the default account that it logs in with?

I want another account to auto login... Obviously I cannot delete the administrator account and just have the other one setup.

AndySD 14:46 27 Jan 05

XP home or Pro ?

Muzz_former_aol_employee 15:01 27 Jan 05

Pro...

AndySD 15:07 27 Jan 05

The Admin account.....Is this the account Called Administrator or was it the account set with a name and admin rights?

Muzz_former_aol_employee 15:09 27 Jan 05

This is the first account create on install, yes the administrator account, pc is wanted to log into another account.

AndySD 15:34 27 Jan 05

Go Start then Control Panel then User Accounts. Create a new user without a password and reboot it should boot straight into the user account and hide the Admin account.

ACOLYTE 15:39 27 Jan 05

What does control userpassords2 do ? i just typed it in the run box and nothing happened.

Muzz_former_aol_employee 15:47 27 Jan 05

Should be "control userpasswords2" soz for the typo. This is used to remove password login prompt, therefore making pc login automatically.

mattyc_92 16:43 27 Jan 05

the run command "control userpasswords2" is Win2k version of WinXP's "User Accounts" option from the "Control Pannel"...

mattyc_92 16:44 27 Jan 05

so that meant to be ACOLYTE

mattyc_92 16:45 27 Jan 05

Just create an account from the "User Accounts" option in the Control pannel.... Then use the run command "control userpasswords2" again and select the account you wish to "auto-login"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…