XP Log on screen

recap 20:03 11 Apr 06

I have tried searching for this question but cannot see one. So here goes, when in the log on window of XP Home, can the background be changed to a picutre of your own choice?

splatter 20:59 11 Apr 06

If you'r using the 'Welcome Screen' then they can be changed, but I find it a bit risky. You can download the logon screens from places like themeXP (click here) and you need software such as styleXP (click here)

If you use the Windows 2000 logon screen then...let me know when you find out ;-)

VoG II 21:05 11 Apr 06

Beware some of the downloads on ThemeXP - malware included!

splatter 21:16 11 Apr 06

Really? I know some of the files come as installers, but a lot of them come in zip files. Guess I got lucky as nothing has ever been detected by my software.

VoG II 21:19 11 Apr 06

I once posted a link to ThemeXP on here and another member reported downloading a virus - I had to ask the FE to remove my post.

If you get Site Advisor click here then visit ThemeXP you'll see what I mean.

recap 09:29 12 Apr 06

Thanks folks. I have a few utilities that I can run that will remove any malware/spyware etc (eiwdo to name 1).

rawprawn 09:46 12 Apr 06

click here download a free trial of Tune up Utilities, that will do it from a very nice selection easily and safely.

recap 09:55 12 Apr 06

Thanks for that rawprawn, it look promising. I will look at that tonight when I get home.

recap 20:09 12 Apr 06

That's the one that works for me rawprawn, thanks again. It's a nice little utility.

pac73 21:12 12 Apr 06

Ive got site advisor,and i never go on any site it flags as suspicious.Ive never had a problem since.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…